Monday, April 20, 2009

An invitation to Medical Society of St. Anthony Zaccaria for Medical Students

Dear Medical Students,
Greetings in the Risen Lord!  

Let me introduce myself to you first all. I am Fr. Robert Kosek of the congregation of the Clerics Regular of St. Paul (Barnabite Fathers). Currently, I am the spiritual director of the Medical Society of St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria, a newly formed group of Catholic doctors and medical students in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
The Society had its first meeting on Feb 21, 2009 at our place, in the Barnabite Spiritual Center. It was during this meeting that I had the privilege to introduce to a group of doctors your college friend, Ms. Ruth Stefanski. I would say that her presence (being the only medical student among the doctors) and active participation during the meeting was of great value. I express my appreciation to Ms. Stefanski. 

It was then that the idea of a spiritual mentor for medical students was introduced and adapted by the doctors. Ms. Stefanski may have already explained it to you; however, let me delineate once again that the significance of this spiritual mentorship points to your well being as future doctors. Indeed your spiritual as well as professional formation is crucial to the holistic healing of the people under your care. Therefore, I invite you to consider joining our Society. We will be most pleased to welcome you.

If you so decide, please contact me at 610-691-8648 or you may write to me at Barnabite Spiritual Center, 4301 Hecktown Road, Bethlehem, PA 18020 or  email me at MedSocAMZac@gmail.com 

I hope for your positive response.  

I assure you of my prayerful support in your academic and personal endeavors. May God bless you.
Sincerely yours in Christ, 
Fr. Robert B. Kosek, CRSP, Ph.D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment